Earlier I wrote that I was having difficulty making the wax layers really smooth and that I was going to attempt to just keep smoothing each surface layer until it worked. Well, to begin with, I had such a choppy surface that nothing would work to get the layers looking like glass so I just let the process take me away. I had to work with what I had and smoothness was not an option. It is interesting to go with the flow and not fight the process. So, I found pieces of fabric and burnished them into the wax. Then, I cut shapes and added those onto the finished surface. I used wax crayons and water colour to fill in those oval shapes. Here is the result of today’s work. It is not a finished piece but a work in process.